Fall/Winter Choosing Health! Rally 2012
October 21, 2012
2:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Pattengill Middle School
626 Marshall Street
Lansing, MI 48912
Choosing Health!® Rally News Coverage
Fox 47 News, October 21, 2012
Choosing Health! Rally Press Release
October 21, 2012
The Choosing Health!® Rally
brought together hundreds of health care professionals and community members to learn about healthy living and resources available throughout the tri-county area. This rally included:
- Dr. Renee Canady, Ingham County Health Officer, to kick off the event and encourage participants to Choose Health!
- Zonya Foco, RD, known from PBS as the nation’s Nutrition Leader, giving an inspirational keynote address about Healthy Living.
- A Taste of Health, which offered tasty, nutritional food samples from seven area restaurants and caterers.
- A Door Prize Drawing with 19 prizes for attendees donated by area restaurants and merchants.
- Healthy Living Display Booths from over 30 community organizations and agencies to distribute their literature, engage community members, and sign up potential participants in area programs.
- Seven Free Demo Classes that presented fun, easy ways to stay healthy, including Zumba, Jumping Rope, Yoga, Nutrition, Cooking Healthy and Stress Reduction.
- A Choosing Health!® display table that gave attendees fliers explaining MDCH’s 4 X 4 Tool.
- Free transportation provided by CATA.
Overall, the event was a great success, featuring stimulating activities, excellent display tables with a significant range of information and resource descriptions, and a substantial mix of participants in terms of race/ethnicity, age, gender and regional origin. As they were leaving, participants said they were glad they had come and that they were looking forward to the next Choosing Health!®
Contact the Capital Area Health Alliance for more details.